Below is a growing list of Bible scriptures for students that helped me & other students as we went through medical school and beyond. No matter your religion or denomination (Catholic, non denominational, etc), I hope you have a prayer for your tests, boards, entrance exams, acceptance, residency rank list, or whatever part of your medical journey you need.
Getting Motivated (2)
- Colossians 3:23-24
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.
- 2 Corinthians 5:14-15 For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselvesbut for him who died for them and was raised again.
Being Faithful (4)
- 2 Corinthians 5:7 For we live by faith, not by sight.
- Romans 12:11-12 ‘Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervour, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.’
- Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.
- Proverbs 3:5-6
- ‘Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.’
Removing Fear & Anxiety (4)
- Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.’
- Philippians 4 : 6 ‘Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
- Jeremiah 17:7-8 But blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him. They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.’
- 1 Peter 5:7 “Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.”
Bring Peace (4)
- John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
- John 16:33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
- Philippians 4:7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
- Psalm 29:11 The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace.
Remembering Why You Serve (3)
- Philippians 2:3-4 Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. 4 Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.
- Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men
- Titus 2:7-8 Show yourself in all respects to be a model of good works, and in your teaching show integrity, dignity, 8 and sound speech that cannot be condemned, so that an opponent may be put to shame, having nothing evil to say about us.
Overcoming Failure (1)
- Philippians 3:13 No brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead
Comment below with any verses you want to see added!